On the hottest weekend of the year so far, the band spent two full days recording thirteen tracks for our new CD that will be released towards the end of 2022.
The recording, which took place at Cannock Chase High School, features mainly original brass band compositions and arrangements by our talented composer in residence, Samuel Shelley. Together with the band’s Musical Director, Craig Williams, they came up with the idea of recording the CD to showcase the band’s amazing progress and Sam’s incredible music writing skills.
Over the course of the weekend, the band recorded the following tracks:
- Soaring through the Skies – Samuel Shelley
- My Lord has Come – Will Todd arr. Samuel Shelley
- Matka – Samuel Shelley
- Holy Holy Holy – Dykes arr. Samuel Shelley
- Live and Let Die – Linda & Paul McCartney arr. Ray Farr Samuel Shelley (Soprano Cornet Solo – Nick Lear)
- Invisible – Samuel Shelley
- March Beside the Sea – Samuel Shelley
- Light – Samuel Shelley
- Poor Wayfaring Stranger – Traditional Spiritual arr. Samuel Shelley Samuel Shelley (Euphonium Solo – Mark Glover)
- The Silver Trumpets – Samuel Shelley
- Walking the Bass – Stephen Roberts (EEb Bass Solo – Ademola Odedina)
- With the Angels – Samuel Shelley
- Heroes of our Time – Samuel Shelley
The band would like to thank Cannock Chase High school for the use of their hall for the weekend. A special mention for the World of Sound sound engineers, Phil Hardman and Yufeng Zhang who worked meticulously and tirelessly to bring out every single detail. A huge thank you also goes to all our friends who stepped in to assist over the weekend – we couldn’t have done it without you!